18 May 2009

fungoes Fantasy Baseball Update VI


Managed a solid and well-rounded week. Very easily could have only dropped one category. Buerrle, Haren, and Weaver all pitched well with little to no support and no wins between them. Somehow, for reasons unknown, I picked up Putz from waivers right when he seems to be on the up, kinda feels like a "buyer beware" situation. Seeing as I didn't pay anything though, I'll roll with it. We are in a good spot right now, staying balanced and waiting for Vlad to recover. As long as Tampa doesn't pull anymore stunts with Longoria-late scratches, I feel good six weeks in.

George Will quote on umpires (I'll probably use this ironically in my documentary screenplay if I ever actually commit it to paper):

"They are supposed to be dispassionate dispensers of Pure Justice, icy islands of emotionless calculation. In short, umpires should be acute Republicans [insert Christian denomination here]."

No comments:

reftagger