11 May 2009

fungoes Fantasy Baseball Update V

You would think that someone who had Evan Longoria would be a lock against some weak New England competition like the Paisley's. You would think. What I failed to factor in was the very Manley Hanley Ramirez. Not only is he AJ's all-time baseball man-crush but he became one of mine with a 16 hit week (4 of which were bombs) and 30 total bases (to Evan's 24). I salute you Nick, it was a hard fought week but you earned it, you out Florida-ed me on this one. Now how about some relief pitching for me?

Serious, enlightened Whitman baseball quote of the week:
I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game. It will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set. Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us. ~Walt Whitman

No comments:

reftagger