04 May 2009

fungoes Fantasy Baseball Update IV


What a rebound week for the visiting fungoes! My opponent should change the team name to CRNAM (Cream Rules Nothing Around Me). Still need to get Saves & SB's under control. My master plan is to acquire Carl Crawford and write the Rays a letter everyday asking (no, telling) them to put him on the mound in the 9th. I'd be such a corner-cutter-2 birds/1 stone type of GM. Also, realized this week that my actual baseball fantasy involves the A's a)gaining a lead, b)keeping said lead. Brutal stuff. I guess I'll have to put the baseball fantasy on the backburner and settle for Fantasy Baseball and the fungoes relentless pursuit of near-perfection.

They said it right:
"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." ~Earl Wilson

No comments:

reftagger